Did you know that around 154 million adults drink coffee? That’s 75% of the US population! So, if you are a fan of this caffeinated beverage, you’re not alone. Naturally, you may also be curious if the start of your Invisalign treatment means taking a break from it. To learn the answer, read on!
So, Is It Okay to Drink Coffee with Invisalign?
The short answer is “yes,” you can drink coffee with Invisalign. However, it’s only a “yes” if you take your trays out first. Neglecting to do so can cause them to quickly discolor, leaving your teeth looking yellow and brittle. If you drink it hot, then you’re at risk of warping your aligners too. So, feel free to indulge – just make sure to always take them out beforehand!
4 Must-Know Tips for Coffee-Lovers with Invisalign
When you do indulge in this caffeinated beverage during your Invisalign treatment, make sure to:
- Store your trays in a safe place – Although it may be convenient, don’t place your aligners on a napkin or plate. Instead, put them in their designated storage case to prevent accidentally misplacing them.
- Drink your coffee with a meal – Since you need to wear your aligners for 22 hours a day, it’s important to take them out as little as possible. With this in mind, drink your coffee alongside your breakfast instead of separately.
- Keep the cream and sugar to a minimum – Cream and sugar can increase your chances of developing cavities, which can cause you to fall off-track with your treatment plan. So, drink it black or opt for sugar-free additives.
- Rinse or brush immediately after – Don’t wait – rinse your mouth and brush your teeth after you’re done enjoying your coffee.
5 Additional Tips for Navigating Life with Invisalign
While Invisalign is a relatively hassle-free teeth-straightening treatment, it does come with some adjustments to your day-to-day life. With this in mind, here are a few tips to make life with clear aligners easier:
- Keep a dental-hygiene kit with you to brush your teeth and trays on the go
- Use the Invisalign app to track your wear time
- Set a reminder on your phone to ensure you change your trays on the right day
- Brush and floss after each meal to protect your teeth from decay
- Use clean water and a soft-bristled toothbrush to clean your aligners
If you’re a coffee enthusiast, then you can take a deep breath – you can drink coffee with Invisalign! Just make sure to keep the above tips in mind to keep your teeth and your trays in pristine condition.
About the Practice
At Stonebriar Smile Design, you’ll find a highly trained dental team, a modern dental office, and a range of smile-enhancing treatments, including Invisalign. We’re proud to use state-of-the-art technology, like a digital impression system, to make your journey to a straighter smile as comfortable and seamless as possible. We even offer early morning, lunchtime, and afternoon hours so scheduling your visit is more convenient than ever! If you have a question about what you can and can’t do with Invisalign or you’d like to schedule an appointment, don’t hesitate to visit our website or call (469) 361-0081.